Help with rentClaim housing benefit
- What is housing benefit?
- Who can claim housing benefit?
- How housing benefit is worked out
- Your entitlement letter explained
- Report a change in circumstances
- Universal Credit
- What is Local Housing Allowance?
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- About the 'bedroom tax'
- Making a housing benefit appeal
- Pay your overpayment of housing benefit
- Pay your rent (invoice numbers starting 60)
- Pay your rent (invoice numbers starting 19)
Help with council tax
Help with Universal Credit
Financial support for families
Financial help if you're disabledFinancial help if you're disabled (GOV.UK)
- Blue badges
- Concessionary travel
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Disability benefits
- Adapting your home
- Council tax discount for people with disabilities
- Severe Mental Impairment council tax exemption
- Employment and Support Allowance (GOV.UK)
- Income support (GOV.UK)
- Attendance allowance (GOV.UK)
- Constant attendance allowance (GOV.UK)
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (GOV.UK)
- Carer's allowance (GOV.UK)
- Carer's credit (GOV.UK)
- Disabled Students' Allowance (GOV.UK)
- Working Tax Credit (GOV.UK)
- York Financial Assistance Scheme (YFAS)
Emergency financial support
Report a change in circumstances
Benefits advice for private landlords
Benefits schemes for York residents
'Talk York' Consultation
Take part in our 'Talk York' Consultation to have your say and help shape the future of York.Take part in 'Talk York'