Let us know if something in your life changes which affects your benefits.
When you have reported your change of circumstance, we will confirm what proof you need to provide via our evidence checklist.
We may need to suspend payment of your claim to prevent any overpayment. If you fail to provide the requested evidence within one month, we may cancel your claim.
Please make sure you print off or save your evidence checklist after you submit your application.
Which changes you need to tell us about
Tell us about changes to:
- your home details: for example, if you change address, change your tenancy, or have a new landlord
- your payments: for example, who we pay benefits to, or the way your benefits are paid
- your circumstances/your partner’s circumstances: for example, name, job, the benefits you get, your income or savings
- the people you live with: for example, their name, job, the benefits they get, their income or savings; tell us if someone moves out or a new person moves in
- your children: for example, if you start or stop paying for childcare or the amount of childcare you pay has changed
If you’re not sure – tell us anyway!
Make sure you tell us as soon as possible. If you don’t, you may not get what you’re entitled to. You may get too much and would have to pay it back – or we may even have to stop your benefits.
You could even face criminal charges for fraud.