You can apply for a range of welfare benefits if you're on a low income, or if you're having financial difficulties.
Use a free independent benefits calculator to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
Benefits and contributions advice
Contact our Benefits and Contributions Advisors to arrange an appointment at West Offices or a home visit, to get:
- information and advice on welfare benefits and tax credits
- the benefits/credits you're entitled to
- help completing forms
Contact us if you run a community group and would like us to host a benefits advice session.
Benefits advice from other agencies
Get benefit and welfare advice from other partnership organisations:
- Age UK York
- Christians Against Poverty
- Citizens Advice
- National Debtline
- Older Citizens Advocacy York
- The Pension Service
- Shelter (for housing advice)
- York Carers Centre
Download our guide to advice services in York.
Advice if you have money problems
Contact the following agencies for free debt advice: