You can apply for a range of welfare benefits if you're on a low income, or having financial difficulties.
We (and other local authorities) manage some benefits, such as Housing Benefit.
The government manages a range of other benefits.
Use a free independent benefits calculator to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
Benefits and contributions advice
Arrange an appointment with our Benefits and Contributions Advisors at West Offices or at home, to get:
- information and advice on welfare benefits and tax credits
- the benefits/credits you're entitled to
- help completing forms
Contact us if you run a community group and you'd like us to host a benefits advice session.
Benefits advice from other agencies
Get benefit, welfare and debt advice from other partnership organisations:
- Age UK York
- Christians Against Poverty
- Citizens Advice
- Money Advice Service
- National Debtline
- Older Citizens Advocacy York
- The Pension Service
- Shelter (for housing advice)
- Step Change
- York Carers Centre
Benefits and Contributions Advisors
Contact us for an appointment to get benefits advice in person at West Offices.