Customers who use British Sign Language (BSL) can access our interpreting service provided by Sign Solutions.
If technical requirements can be met, our BSL interpreting service is available when:
- visiting our customer centre - for which you'll need to book an appointment
- contacting our Customer Service Team from elsewhere
Use BSL to contact us
When you contact us via a BSL interpreter, you'll be connected via video link; the interpreter will telephone us and translate your conversation with our customer service representative.
Mobile and tablet users can download the InterpretersLive! app to access the service.
Minimum technical requirements for our interpreting service
To access InterpretersLive! you will need a tablet, phone or computer, and internet connection, or a 4G or 5G mobile data signal.
- Operating system: Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, macOS, Windows, Android, or Linux
- Browser compatibility: Make sure your device is running the latest version of Chrome, Safari or Edge; the optimum browser for the InterpretersLive! service is Google Chrome
- Bandwidth: Make sure you are using 4G or 5G data plan, or have a minimum internet speed of 1.5 MB
See more advice about using the service:
Contact Sign Solutions for further assistance or to provide feedback on the service.
Using BSL in West Offices
In our customer centre you'll see window stickers and communication cards you can use to indicate you require the BSL video interpreting service.
You'll be shown to a meeting room where we'll use a video link to contact an interpreter, who will translate your conversation with our customer service representative.