Your business rates bill will be issued in February or March, for the next financial year.
Your annual bill will confirm:
- the total amount due for the current financial year (from 1 April to 31 March)
- your instalment plan
- your instalment due dates
Your bill is usually payable in 10 monthly instalments from April to January.
Contact the Business Rates Team if you'd prefer 12 monthly instalments. However, the number of instalments available to you may vary, depending on when your bill is issued and when you make a request to amend your instalment plan.
Pay business rates online
You can pay your business rates online using a credit or debit card.
To set up a Direct Debit, change your existing bank details or your instalment plan, please complete the online form below. Please note you must be the authorised signatory on the bank account.
To complete this form you'll need:
- your name, contact address, telephone number and email address
- business rates account number
- name of the liable party or parties as shown on the business rates account (this could be a person or company name or trading name)
- address of the relevant property
- name shown on the bank account
- bank or building society account sort code and account number
Please do not use this form if you are in arrears and have received a court summons or final notice.
You can also download a direct debit form for business rates.
Late payment of business rates
The instalment date on your bill is the date by which your payment should have reached your business rates account, so you should make arrangements to make sure that the money arrives in time.
If you haven't spoken to us about a problem paying your bill, and you miss an instalment, recovery action may be taken against you.
Please see information regarding business rates arrears and the procedures that we follow if your business rates are not paid on time.
If you have difficulty paying your business rates at any time, please contact the Business Rates Team straight away. We're here to help, but once a summons has been issued the options are limited, and payment arrangements will include costs.