If you need support in person, you must book an appointment before you visit West Offices.
Our purpose-built customer centre is located in West Offices, an 1841 grade 2 listed building and former railway station.
Find out about:
- opening times
- our location
- appointments at West Offices
- visiting West Offices safely
- arriving at West Offices
- facilities at West Offices
- other organisations at West Offices
West Offices is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm, excluding UK bank holidays.
Our Customer Services telephone lines are also open between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (9.30am to 5.00pm on Thursdays).
You must book an appointment to see us in person. However, most queries can be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our website.
How to find us
If you have an appointment to visit West Offices you'll find it's within easy walking distance from the city centre, York railway station and bus stops on Rougier Street and Station Road.
Bicycles can be parked and secured opposite West Offices entrance.
If you cannot view the map of our location, please telephone for directions.
Visit the AccessAble website for venue accessibility information.
Appointments at West Offices
You must book an appointment by telephone, in advance of your visit, to speak to us in person about:
- council tax
- blue badge application
- bus pass application
- York Financial Assistance Scheme
Visiting West Offices safely
It's still possible to catch and spread COVID-19, even if you're fully vaccinated.
To play our part in reducing risks, and protecting ourselves and others around us, we request that visitors to West Offices continue to:
- use the hand sanitiser provided
- wear face coverings
- give other people space
If you're unwell please don't visit us.
Arriving at West Offices
Our helpful staff will be available to assist you when you arrive at West Offices for your appointment:
- you’ll get a numbered ticket
- our large screens display your position in the queue
- your number will appear on screen and be announced when it’s your turn to be seen
Private meeting rooms are available, if needed.
Find out what to expect when you visit West Offices, our helpful guide about potential sensory issues in West Office.
Facilities at West Offices
Our building has:
- level access (on the ground floor)
- automatic doors
- British Sign Language (BSL) video interpreting service
- free Wi-Fi
- health and safety procedures
- height adjustable self-service desks
- portable hearing loops
- toilets and baby-changing facilities (sorry, currently unavailable)
West Offices is also an award winning example of sustainable regeneration with a blend of old and new architecture. The sustainable design, construction and operation includes rainwater harvesting, solar panels, bio fuels for heating and natural lighting and ventilation.
Find out about public art in West Offices.
Other organisations at West Offices
Other organisations provide services at West Offices including:
- York and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), telephone: 03444 111 444
- York Learning, telephone: 01904 554277
- NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, telephone: 01904 555870
- Public Health England (PHE)