Access to Customer Services
For the safety of our staff and residents, and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we’re offering alternative access to our Customer Services. West Offices is currently closed; most services are available online, by telephone or email. Check for changes to council services while different arrangements are in place.
Our purpose-built customer centre is located in West Offices, an 1841 grade 2 listed building and former railway station.
Find out about:
- opening times
- our location
- appointments at West Offices
- arriving at West Offices
- facilities at West Offices
- other organisations at West Offices
Customers Services are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm, excluding UK bank holidays.
You'll need to make an appointment to see us in person about some services. However, most of queries can be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our website.
How to find us
West Offices is within easy walking distance from the city centre, York railway station and bus stops on Rougier Street and Station Road. See walkit.com for a walking map.
Bicycles can be parked and secured opposite West Offices entrance.
Appointments at West Offices
You can make an appointment in person at West Offices, but we can't guarantee how long it will be between your initial visit and the next available appointment.
Arriving at West Offices
Use our simple touch screen sign-in system to let us know you've arrived and which service you require:
- you’ll get a numbered ticket
- our large screens display your position in the queue
- your number will appear on screen and be announced when it’s your turn to be seen
Our helpful staff will be available to assist you. You may be shown how to use one of our self-service computers or telephones to get the information you need, order a service or pay your bill. Private meeting rooms are also available, if needed.
Find out what to expect when you visit West Offices, our helpful guide about potential sensory issues in West Office.
Facilities at West Offices
Our building has:
- level access (on the ground floor)
- automatic doors
- British Sign Language (BSL) video interpreting service
- free Wi-Fi
- health and safety procedures
- height adjustable self-service desks
- portable hearing loops
- toilets and baby-changing facilities
West Offices is also an award winning example of sustainable regeneration with a blend of old and new architecture. The sustainable design, construction and operation includes rainwater harvesting, solar panels, bio fuels for heating and natural lighting and ventilation.
Find out about public art in West Offices.
Other organisations at West Offices
Other organisations provide services at West Offices including:
- York and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), telephone: 03444 111 444
- South Yorkshire Credit Union, telephone: 03030 300010
- York Learning, telephone: 01904 554277
- NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, telephone: 01904 555870
- Public Health England (PHE)