If you need support in person, you must book an appointment before you visit West Offices.
Although most COVID-19 legal restrictions were lifted from 19 July 2021, it's still possible to catch and spread COVID-19 - find out about our coronavirus safety measures.
, even if you're fully vaccinated. To play our part in rducing risks and protecting ourselves and others around us we request that visitors to West Offices continue to wear face coverings, and to use the sanitiser provided (although we cannot enforce this). If you're unwell please don't visit.
Our purpose-built customer centre is located in West Offices, an 1841 grade 2 listed building and former railway station.
Find out about:
- opening times
- our location
- appointments at West Offices
- arriving at West Offices
- facilities at West Offices
- other organisations at West Offices
Customers Services are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm, excluding UK bank holidays.
You must book an appointment to see us in person. However, most of queries can be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our website.
How to find us
If you have an appointment to visit West Offices you'll find it's within easy walking distance from the city centre, York railway station and bus stops on Rougier Street and Station Road.
Bicycles can be parked and secured opposite West Offices entrance.
If you cannot view the map of our location, please telephone for directions.
Appointments at West Offices
You must book an appointment by telephone, in advance of your visit, to speak to us in person about:
- council tax
- blue badge application
- bus pass application
- York Financial Assistance Scheme
Arriving at West Offices
Our helpful staff will be available to assist you when you arrive at West Offices for your appointment:
- you’ll get a numbered ticket
- our large screens display your position in the queue
- your number will appear on screen and be announced when it’s your turn to be seen
Private meeting rooms are available, if needed.
Coronavirus safety measures
To play our part in reducing risks, protecting ourselves, and others around us, we request that visitors to West Offices continue to wear face coverings, and use the sanitiser provided (although we cannot enforce this).
We have a number of measures to help keep our staff and customers safe, including:
- touchless hand sanitiser station for use on arrival
- perspex screens for personal protection
- appropriate time between appointments
- asking you for your details for tracking and tracing
Please help us by:
- not booking or attending an appointment if you're unwell, showing symptoms of coronavirus, or you're in a 14-day household isolation period
- arriving no earlier than your scheduled appointment time
- adhering to social distancing measures throughout your appointment
- attending your appointment on your own whenever possible
Find out what to expect when you visit West Offices, our helpful guide about potential sensory issues in West Office.
Facilities at West Offices
Our building has:
- level access (on the ground floor)
- automatic doors
- British Sign Language (BSL) video interpreting service
- free Wi-Fi
- health and safety procedures
- height adjustable self-service desks
- portable hearing loops
- toilets and baby-changing facilities (sorry, currently unavailable)
West Offices is also an award winning example of sustainable regeneration with a blend of old and new architecture. The sustainable design, construction and operation includes rainwater harvesting, solar panels, bio fuels for heating and natural lighting and ventilation.
Find out about public art in West Offices.
Other organisations at West Offices
Other organisations provide services at West Offices including:
- York and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), telephone: 03444 111 444
- South Yorkshire Credit Union, telephone: 03030 300010
- York Learning, telephone: 01904 554277
- NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, telephone: 01904 555870
- Public Health England (PHE)