Nunnery Lane car park
Number of spaces: 193
- Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Length of stay Pay and display RingGo Pay by phone Discount Badge Holder Up to 1 hour £2.30 £2.20 £1.70 Up to 2 hours £4.60 £4.40 £3.40 Up to 3 hours £6.90 £6.60 £5.10 Up to 4 hours £9.20 £8.80 £6.80 Up to 5 hours £11.50 £11.00 £8.50 Over 5 hours £13.00 £13.00 £13.00 Evening parking £2.00 £2.00 Free of charge
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the RingGo pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
- please note that a 20p service charge applies to all mobile payments of £5.00 and over
- Evening parking
The evening parking charge covers:
- All days, 6.00pm to midnight
Evening parking for York residents' Minster Badge holders covers:
- Sunday to Thursday, 6.00pm to midnight
- Friday and Saturday, 5.00pm to midnight
For all customers (including Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
All day parking
The all day parking charge covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8.00am the following day.
- Car park facilities
- Payment facilities
- Type of Parking System: Pay and Display
- Pay by cash: Yes
- Pay by debit/credit card: Yes (2 machines)
- Pay by phone with RingGo: Yes
- Park and pay by phone
- Long stay parking
To park for 2 or more days, pay for parking using the RingGo pay by phone service.
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
If you do not pay for additional days in advance, you risk being issued with a penalty change notice if you do not return to your car before 8.00am.
- Accessible parking
Blue Badge holders can park in any standard bay in this car park, free of charge, for as long as they want.
There are 11 dedicated disabled bays which are available for Blue Badge holders only.
Disabled badge holders are not permitted to park in the bays marked for car club or the electric charge bays unless they are being used for their intended purpose.