In our car parks you can pay for parking using a variety of options:
- RingGo pay by phone service
- pay and display, using cash
- pay and display, using card
- pay on foot, on return to vehicle
Please note that not all of these options are available at all car parks.
See our car parks directory to get details of each car park location, related parking costs and available payment methods.
RingGo pay by phone service
The RingGo pay by phone service lets you pay for parking using your credit or debit card details via your phone or another electronic device, rather than using cash or a card at a machine.
RingGo is available via:
Advantages of RingGo pay by phone
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- no longer need to carry change
- don’t have to use a parking machine
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
- can register multiple cars on your account
If you pay using RingGo, you will also save money when parking compared to the cost at the pay and display machine.
However, please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
- a 20p service charge applies to all mobile payments of £13.00 and over
Weekly season tickets
You can purchase a weekly parking permit for a further discounted price of £63.50 (+75p service charge).
For more information regarding discounted rates, contact RingGo on telephone: 01904 360002. Calls to RingGo are charged at your standard network 'local' rate.
Register with RingGo
There is no charge to set up a RingGo account. You will only be charged when you pay to park.
When you first set up your account you will be asked to provide:
- the number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- your payment card details
Alternatively, you can register when you park using the RingGo smartphone app or by calling RingGo on telephone: 01904 360002. Calls to RingGo are charged at your standard network 'local' rate.
Learn more about how RingGo cashless parking works on their website.
Park with RingGo
Once you've registered, RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and uses the information you've previously submitted, so when you pay to park you'll only need to:
- confirm the vehicle you want to park
- confirm the location code where you are parked
- choose the length of time you want to park
- provide your payment card 3 digit security code
Location codes are shown on car park signs where the service is available, or see the RingGo parking locator on their website.
York residents' Minster Badge holders can get a discount using an alternate location code at some car parks.
If the discount code is used but a Minster Badge is not displayed in your vehicle, you may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
RingGo Text To Park
Visit the RingGo website for details on how to set up their Text To Park service.
Text To Park messages are charged at your standard network rate.
RingGo car parks and location codes
|Parking locations||RingGo location code||Minster Badge code|
|Bootham Row car park||27700||77001|
|Castle car park||27701||77011|
|Esplanade car park||27703||77031|
|Foss Bank car park||27704||Discount not available in this car park|
|Monk Bar car park||27708||77081|
|Nunnery Lane car park||27709||77091|
|Piccadilly car park||27711||77111|
|St George's Field car park||27712||77121|
|St George's Field coach park||27751||Discount not available in coach park|
|Union Terrace car park||27714||77141|
|Union Terrace coach park||27750||Discount not available in coach park|
View a map of all car and coach parks.
See individual car parks for details of costs and savings if you pay by phone at these locations.
Please pay for your parking on arrival, as we cannot guarantee a parking space will be available if you've paid in advance.
Extend your parking session
You can remotely top up your parking multiple times by contacting RingGo. You can top up in one of the following ways:
- using the RingGo automated telephone service: 01904 360002
- using the RingGo website
- using the RingGo smartphone app
View further information about extending your parking session on the RingGo website.
The RingGo Corporate service allows businesses to set up a prepaid account so that nominated employees can pay for parking when on business. This means:
- there’s no need to know company credit card details or claim money back
- employees are alerted when their parking session is due to run out, reducing the risk of a penalty charge notice
- businesses can view and print HMRC approved consolidated parking invoices which itemise VAT
If you need a VAT receipt you can view and print these online when you log in to your account using the RingGo website.
If you provide an email address in your RingGo user account, you can opt to receive a receipt automatically every time you park.