Our parking season tickets allow unlimited parking in the following car parks:
- Bootham Row car park
- Castle car park
- Esplanade car park
- Foss Bank car park (closes at 8.00pm)
- Marygate car park
- Monk Bar car park
- Nunnery Lane car park
- Coppergate Centre car park (closes at 8.00pm)
- St George's Field car park
- Union Terrace car park
Season tickets last a minimum of 1 month and are valid from the issue date.
Apply for a parking season ticket
You must pay for season tickets before completing an application form.
We'll give you a receipt number (starting ‘ZZ’) which you must include on your parking season ticket application form to avoid a delay in processing your form.
Email your completed application form, together with any required evidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:FREEPOST RTEG-TYYU-KLTZ
City of York Council
York YO1 6GA
We'll process your application within 10 working days.
Using your parking season ticket
Map of season ticket car parks
Zoom in on the map to see our car park locations, and click on individual car parks for more details.
Use the map search bar to search by postcode or street name.
Parking season tickets costs
Parking season tickets are available on an annual, monthly or weekly basis.
Weekly season tickets are only available for Monk Bar, Nunnery Lane, St Georges and Union Terrace car parks, via the RingGo 'pay by phone' service.
Discounted parking rates
You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:
- short car parking discounts if your car is shorter than 2.7 metres
- low emission parking discounts for electric/LPG powered cars or cars with emissions up to 120g/km (vehicle tax bands A-C)
The Vehicle Certification Agency provides vehicle tax information on new or used cars.
Standard parking rates
We charge the standard rate for any vehicles which don't qualify for a discount.
Renewing your parking season ticket
We'll send you a renewal form shortly before your season ticket is due to expire.
You should return it before your current ticket expires, allowing 10 working days for us to process your new ticket.
If you change your vehicle
If you have a short car or low emission discount, your season ticket will be 'vehicle specific'.
This means you'll need to apply for a replacement season ticket if you change your vehicle, regardless of whether your new vehicle is also eligible for a discount.
You'll need to:
- return your old season ticket before we can issue a replacement
- include a letter explaining why you're returning your season ticket
- provide your new vehicle details
- include your new vehicle's registration document (if it's eligible for a discount)
- make a top-up payment for the remaining period of cover (if your new vehicle isn't eligible for a discount)
- include a covering letter from your lease company/employer confirming you're allowed to use the vehicle (if the new vehicle is a lease/company vehicle)
We'll issue your replacement ticket with the same expiry date as your previous ticket. Please allow 10 working days to receive your new ticket.
Until you receive your replacement ticket, you'll need to pay the standard parking charges in our car parks.
Renew your parking season ticket in person
We can issue new parking season tickets on the same day at our Customer Centre.
If you'd like to renew your season ticket in person, you should bring:
- your old season ticket
- any required documents
- a method of payment (if applicable)
Cancelling your parking season ticket
You can cancel your season ticket at any time - we'll issue you with a pro-rata refund for any time remaining on your ticket.
Note: We don't issue refunds for weekly parking tickets.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA