Season ticket terms and conditions
- The season ticket remains the property of City of York Council.
- The season ticket is valid Monday to Sunday inclusive until the date valid on the season ticket.
- The season ticket is valid in council car parks only.
- The vehicle must be parked in a marked bay within the car park.
- The season ticket does not guarantee a parking space.
- You must allow 10 days before using your Season Ticket in Coppergate or Marygate Car Parks.
- If you change the vehicle assigned to a Season Ticket in the portal and wish to use Coppergate or Marygate Car Parks, you must notify Parking Services by email: email@example.com to inform us of your new vehicle registration so your details can be updated.
- We require 10 days’ notice of changes to registration numbers for use of Season Tickets at Coppergate or Marygate Car Parks.
- The council reserves the right to vary either permanently or temporarily close the car parks that the season ticket is valid for.
- A season ticket may be surrendered at any time by notifying Parking Services via your Permit Portal account. A refund will be given to the value of any unexpired months of the season ticket.
- The council will not accept any liability whatsoever in respect of the theft, loss or damage to any vehicle or its contents in the council’s car parks. Nor will it accept any such liability in respect of delay caused by the malfunction of any automatic barrier or other equipment.
- City of York Council reserves the right to withdraw any permit found to have been improperly issued or used. If your permit is withdrawn or you are refused a permit, you have a right to appeal.
- If your vehicle is stolen, then a replacement permit will be issued on production of a crime reference number from the police to confirm the theft of your vehicle. If your vehicle is written off then a replacement permit will be issued on receipt of confirmation of the write-off from the police or the DVLA.
- Please be aware that you are not able to park in the CYC car park until you have received confirmation that your permit has been approved and you have been issued with a permit number. A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) will be issued to any vehicles parked without a valid permit. A permit application is not a permit and does not provide you with any exemptions from the parking regulations in place. A permit application will not be considered as a mitigating factor in any appeals received against the issue of a PCN.
- This is a formal contract and sets out the rules and obligations that you must follow in order to use the permit. You will need to read all the terms and conditions before accepting the agreement. A penalty charge notice may be issued and/or the permit withdrawn if any of the terms and conditions are not complied with.
- It is an offence for a person knowingly to make a false statement for the purpose of obtaining a parking permit. The council will not hesitate to prosecute, and a conviction will result in substantial penalties. The council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA