Blue Badges help disabled people, and those with certain health conditions, to park closer to their destination.
Blue Badges issued by any local authority or council in the UK and any issued in other countries are valid in York.
All Blue badge holders who drive or are being dropped off in the city centre have access at anytime, this includes during the restricted hours of 10.30am and 5.00pm. To access during these restricted hours the Blue Badge user will need to present their iBlue Badge to the barrier staff at the following access points:
- Blake Street - from Easter 2024
When parking with your valid Blue Badge:
- your badge must be clearly on display
- your badge must only be used in cars where you are the driver or a passenger
- you must display your card clock alongside your Blue Badge, whether or not your parking location is time-limited
Displaying your valid Blue Badge, you can park in a number of locations:
- Blue Badge parking in city centre car parks
- Blue Badge parking in on-street bays
- Blue Badge parking in resident parking bays
- Blue Badge parking on yellow lines
- Alternatives to Blue Badge parking in York.
Use our Blue Badge parking locations map to find:
- where Blue Badge holders can park
- where Blue Badge holders can drive into the city centre’s footstreets between 10.30am and 5.00pm
- areas where access restrictions apply
- pedestrian areas
Blue Badge parking locations map
Blue Badge parking locations are marked as different coloured areas on the map; click an individual map feature to see more details.
Zoom in (+) or zoom out; (-) or move/drag the map to reveal information; you can also:
- search by street name or postcode
- click >> or << to reveal or hide the map legend