People who are eligible for a Blue Badge can park closer to shops, restaurants and other places they want to visit.
You can also apply for a Blue Badge if you're a parent of a disabled child under 3 years of age, and your child needs to:
- travel with bulky medical equipment
- be close to a vehicle for emergency medical treatment
This is the quickest and easiest way to apply because:
- you'll be guided through each step to ensure your application is completed correctly
- you can use your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- you can upload scans or photographs of your documents
- you can pay by credit or debit card, allowing us to process your application quickly
Get help with your Blue Badge Application
If you're having difficulty completing your online Blue Badge application, you can:
- ask someone to help you
- make an appointment to visit West Offices to use one of our self-serve PCs
Blue Badge appointments at West Offices
Visit West Offices to use a self-serve PC to complete your online application for a Blue Badge if you don't have access to the internet.
You'll need to make an appointment to:
- have your photograph taken
- get help with your application and/or uploading documents
Blue Badge application appointments:
- last 45 minutes
- are available Monday to Friday
- are bookable by telephone: 01904 551550
Blue Badge applications by post
You should make your application for a Blue Badge online as it's the quickest and cheapest way to apply.
However, if you're unable to complete an online application, our Blue Badge Team can provide you with a postal application (in exceptional circumstances).