Our purpose-built customer centre is located in West Offices, an 1841 grade 2 listed building and former railway station.
West Offices opening times
If you need to visit in person, we’re open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm, excluding UK bank holidays.
See details of our opening hours over the festive period.
Find other ways to contact us.
How to find us
West Offices is within easy walking distance from the city centre, York railway station and bus stops on Rougier Street and Station Road. See walkit.com for a walking map.
Bicycles can be parked and secured opposite West Offices entrance.
Arrival at West Offices
You are also able to book an appointment in person at West Offices, but we cannot guarantee how long it will be between your initial visit and the next available appointment.
If you need to speak to someone about another service, use our simple touch screen sign-in system to let us know you've arrived and which service you require:
- you’ll get a numbered ticket
- our large screens display your position in the queue
- your number will flash up and be announced when it’s your turn to be seen
Our helpful staff will be available to assist you. You may be shown how to use one of our self-service computers or telephones to get the information you need, order a service or pay your bill.
Private meeting rooms are also available, if needed.
See 'What to expect when you visit'; a helpful guide about potential sensory issues in West Office, for people with autism.
An 'easy read' version of 'What to expect when you visit' is also available.
Services at West Offices
You can access information and services related to:
- adults and children's social care
- business rates
- councillors and local democracy
- education and learning
- environment and waste
- housing options and homelessness
- leisure and culture
- planning and building control
- the Youth Offending Team
- training and apprenticeships
- transport, travel and streets
- council tax (by appointment)
- benefits advice and support (by appointment)
Other organisations that provide services at West Offices include:
- York and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), telephone: 03444 111 444
- South Yorkshire Credit Union, telephone: 03030 300010
- York Learning, telephone: 01904 554277
- NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, telephone: 01904 555870
- Public Health England (PHE)
Facilities at West Offices
Our building has:
- level access (on the ground floor)
- automatic doors
- British Sign Language (BSL) video interpreting service
- free Wi-Fi
- health and safety procedures
- height adjustable self-service desks
- portable hearing loops
- toilets and baby-changing facilities
West Offices is also an award winning example of sustainable regeneration with a blend of old and new architecture. The sustainable design, construction and operation includes rainwater harvesting, solar panels, bio fuels for heating and natural lighting and ventilation.
Find out about public art in West Offices.
Our other buildings
- Hazel Court Eco Depot
- The Guildhall
- York Register Office
- York Mansion House (home to the Lord Mayor of York during their term of office)
- York Barbican (owned by us and managed by SMG Europe)