We have a team of experienced registrars and celebration officers on hand to offer you support and guidance on registering life events that occur in our historic city.
We're delighted to offer a wide range of ceremonies. Contact York Register Office for information about:
- registering births
- registering deaths
- arranging civil partnership or marriage ceremonies
- conversion of a civil partnership to a marriage
- ordering copies of certificates
- naming ceremonies
- renewing vows
- British citizenship and UK passport applications
- EU Settlement Scheme ID verification service
- arranging a funeral
- civil funeral ceremonies
- registering a venue for marriage
- other approved marriage venues in York
If you're looking for something out of the ordinary for your ceremony, why not give us a call or email us.
We invite you to follow York Register Office on Instagram, and to tag us in any pictures from your special day: #YorkRegisterOffice.
Location of York Register Office
Opening hours of York Register Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Saturdays, 10.00am to 3.00pm (ceremonies only)
Emergency contact is available from 10.00am to 11.00am on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays (not Christmas Day).
Should you need to contact us about an emergency funeral for religious reasons; telephone: 0778674859.
Facilities at York Register Office
If English is not your first language
If English is not your first language and you'd like someone to help with registering a birth, death or marriage, a relative or friend can to come to your appointment with you. The Government Language Line service can help you with translation, telephone: 0207 5201430.