Ceremonies at York Register Office
Visit our new Ceremonies at York Register Office to find out more about the services offered by York Register Office. These services include arranging a marriage or civil partnership, vow renewal ceremonies and naming ceremonies.
Our new website also provides you with more information about our different approved venues and how to licence a venue in York.
The team of experienced registrars and celebration officers at York Register Office provide information about:
- registering births
- registering deaths
- arranging civil partnership or marriage ceremonies
- conversion of a civil partnership to a marriage
- ordering copies of certificates
- naming ceremonies
- renewing vows
- British citizenship and UK passport applications
- EU Settlement Scheme ID verification service
- proof of life and residence for foreign pensions
- arranging a funeral
- registering a venue for marriage
- other approved marriage venues in York
Follow York Register Office on Instagram; tag #YorkRegisterOffice in you photographs from your special day.
Location of York Register Office
Opening hours of York Register Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Saturdays, 10.00am to 3.00pm (ceremonies only)
Should you need to contact us on non-working days about an emergency funeral for religious reasons; telephone: 07786747859.
Facilities at York Register Office
Find out more about the facilities at York Register Office, including access information and details about nearby parking.
If English is not your first language
If English is not your first language and you'd like someone to help with registering a birth, death or marriage, a relative or friend can to come to your appointment with you. The Government Language Line service can help you with translation, telephone: 0207 5201430.