If you're a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen and receive a pension from another country, we can provide a stamp on your ‘Proof of life’ form (free of charge) to confirm your residency in the UK.
You'll need to contact York Register Office to make an appointment.
Each person named on the ‘Proof of life’ form will need to attend the appointment and bring the following:
- the ‘Proof of life’ form you need us to authorise
- a valid passport, driver's licence, bus pass or other photo ID
You'll also need to bring one of the following to prove your address:
- a utility bill dated no more than 3 months before the date of your appointment
- a bank or building society statement or passbook dated no more than 1 month before the date of your appointment
- a council tax bill dated no more than 1 year before the date of your appointment