Visiting York Register Office
For the safety of our staff and customers, and to help minimise the spread of coronavirus, York Register Office is currently closed to the public, other than by appointment.
Unless you have an appointment or are attending a ceremony, please do not visit in person.
The entrance is through two imposing pillars, leading to traditionally styled interiors.
The Bootham Suite ceremony rooms
The larger Bootham Suite room is a superb setting for ceremonies, with tasteful decor and a traditional aisle. It's furnished to a very high standard, with a York stone floor and state of the art sound system.
The room opens out onto our beautifully landscaped gardens.
York Register Office gardens
The gardens are the perfect setting for pictures of your special day. You can make your way down via stepping stones to the lawns, where a large rockery forms the perfect backdrop.
You'll have up to 20 minutes in the gardens to take photographs with your guests, but during busy times this may be reduced to 15 minutes.
York Register Office disabled access
If you require disabled access, please be aware:
- wheelchair users can use the ramp at the rear entrance to enter the building (note: there are 4 steps at the front entrance)
- our side passageway leading through the garden and to the rear door is all on the same level, so suitable for wheelchairs/buggies
- all ceremony rooms are located on the ground floor
- our garden is fully wheelchair accessible
- disabled toilet facilities are available
- registered assistance dogs are welcome
Visit the AccessAble website for further venue accessibility information.
York Register Office parking
There is no parking available to guests or visitors.