Read our financial information and advice if you're thinking about how to plan and pay for care. We've also provided advice on managing your finances and what could happen if you haven’t made advance arrangements.
Free care and support services
First we'll assess your needs to see if you have 'eligible care and support needs'. If you do, we'll make a referral for a financial assessment. However, the following care and support services are provided free of charge:
- equipment, aids and adaptations to assist with living at home, to the value of £1,000
- re-ablement support services for up to 6 weeks
- care and support for people with Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease (CJD)
- services which the NHS has a duty to provide
- assessment of need
- care planning including information and advice
- help in completing your financial assessment
- care and support services provided under S117 Mental Health Act 1983
Chargeable care and support services
All chargeable care and support services are purchased through personal budgets.
See further information about our current fees, charges, allowances and rates.
Adult Social Care Community Team
Telephone: 01904 555111, Textphone: 07534 437804
Adult Social Care Emergency Duty Team
Contact the Emergency Duty Team for assistance.