- the cost of renting your home
- the service charges associated with your home
- your care and support costs
Rent and service charge
Within our independent living with 24 hour support communities, your rent covers the use and occupation of your home.
There is also a service charge which covers:
- cleaning and servicing communal areas
- fire alarms, detection and fire-fighting equipment
- door entry maintenance
- lighting and heating in communal areas
- upkeep of gardens and grounds
- heating, lighting and water charges for your own property
- the cost of 24 hour on site staffing provided through the Personal Support Service to cover emergency response and elements of housing management
You're responsible for paying both of these accommodation costs.
Care and support
As well as accommodation costs for our independent living with 24 hour support communities, you'll be charged for any planned care needed from the Personal Support Service (PSS), our registered care provider, who tailor support to you and your individual needs.
- is provided when you've been assessed as needing support with personal care or daily living activities
- is discussed and agreed between you and your social worker
What you contribute towards care and support costs varies, depending on your individual needs and income; a financial assessment with your social worker calculates the amount.