A 'loan shark' is someone who lends money without the appropriate licence.
Loan sharks rarely, if ever, give any paperwork and if 'clients' miss payments, they may resort to intimidation and violence to get their money back.
We're working with the National Illegal Money Lending Team to stop loan sharks. If you have any information on loan shark activities we can help.
Tell us if:
- you've been offered a cash loan
- you've been threatened when you couldn't pay
- your bank card has been taken as a 'security'
- what you owe keeps growing even though you're making payments
Contact our team in confidence 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on:
- tel: 0300 555 2222
- email: email@example.com
- text: loan(space)shark(space) + your message to 60003
Find out more at: www.facebook.com/stoploansharksproject