A loan shark is someone who lends money without the appropriate licence.
Loan sharks rarely, if ever, give any paperwork and if payments are missed they may resort to intimidation and violence to get money from their 'clients'.
We are working with the National Illegal Money Lending Team to stop loan sharks, so if you have any information on loan shark activities we can help. Tell us if:
- you have been offered a cash loan
- you have been threatened when you couldn't pay
- your bank card been taken from you as a security
- what you owe keeps growing even though you are making payments
Contact our team in confidence 24 hours a day, seven days a week on:
- tel: 0300 5552222
- email: email@example.com
- text: loan(space)shark(space) + your message to 60003
Find out more at: www.facebook.com/stoploansharksproject