Housing Benefit advice for landlords
We have a dedicated Housing Benefit Advice Line for private landlords to answer general questions about Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance (LHA):
- telephone: 01904 552226 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
We can address issues you may have with individual tenants if we:
- have the tenant's permission to disclose information to you
- make payments directly to you
We'll return your call within 2 working days if we're unable to answer your call immediately.
Advice and information for private landlords
Our Healthy and Sustainable Homes team can provide advice and information to private landlords on a wide range of matters, including:
- landlord accreditation
- training and events
- private rented sector regulation (for example, fire safety guidance)
- licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- health and safety
- code of practice for student accommodation
Contact us for an appointment to get benefits advice in person at West Offices.