We offer training for landlords and professionals within the private rental sector to enable them to implement legal standards and current best practice.
Landlords are required to complete training within 18 months of their licence being issued / renewed as a condition of their licence for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO).
If you have already attended a relevant training course then please send the certificate in with your HMO licence application form.
Apply for a landlord training course
Complete our online form to apply for training.
Landlords can either complete their training by attending a course at West Offices or online.
All courses held at West Offices will run from 9.30am till 4.30pm. You will be able to view and select available course dates as part of your online application.
Those wishing to complete online training will be sent further instructions on receipt of their application.
We will accept the following as an alternative to attending our course;
- Residential Landlords Association – Principles of Letting
- National Landlords Association – Foundation Course
- YorProperty Accreditation Scheme Core Management/Property Standards courses
- NFOPP Level 2 Award
- NFOPP Level 3 Technical Award
Cost of landlord training courses
Our course costs are as follows:
- current HMO licence holders: free of charge
- all other delegates: £75.00 + VAT