Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Council Tax Support

Make a claim for Council Tax Support

Use our online form to claim Council Tax Support, or to report any changes that might affect your existing claim.

Claim Council Tax Support

The same forms will allow you claim either Council Tax Support, Housing Benefit or both.

To make your claim you will need:

  • your National Insurance number
  • your council tax reference number
  • details of your income

You will be asked to provide copies of a recent bank statement and proof of your income.

If you can, upload photos or screen shots of the required information as part of your online application.

If you're unable to upload the required information, you can provide copies of the evidence required by email to:

If you need help making a claim, advice and support is available. Contact our Benefits Team for assistance or see details of further benefits advice.

Also see


West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551556

Benefits appointments

Contact us for an appointment to get benefits advice in person at West Offices.

Make an appointment