Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Council Tax Support

Tell us about a change in circumstances

Let us know if something in your life changes which may affect your benefits that are managed by the council.

Please let us know about any change in your income, including any changes to Universal Credit or pension Credit.

If you do not tell us about changes you may miss out on Council Tax Support or receive an overpayment.

By law, you must tell us immediately if there's any change to the information we use to decide if you get:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Support

The Council Tax Support Tolerance Scheme means if your income goes up or down and the change to the amount of Council Tax Support is £2.50 a week or less, your Council Tax Support and bill will remain the same as before the change.

Report a change in circumstances

See details of the types of change in circumstances you need to tell us about.

Some changes in circumstances will mean that you can claim Universal Credit rather than continuing to receive Housing Benefit.

Also see


West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551556

Benefits appointments

Contact us for an appointment to get benefits advice in person at West Offices.

Make an appointment