Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Schools and education

Transport to school or college

Help with transport to school or college

This route is where you can apply for a bus pass if you qualify under the home to school transport policy. To qualify the student must be attending their catchment school or are from a low-income household. For more information about transport to school or college, please see our 2022 to 2023 transport policy.

To apply for assistance with transport to school or college based on a low income, you'll need to provide:

  • scanned Universal Credit proof
  • scanned Income Support proof

All applications will require the following:

  • a digital photograph of the student

You'll be able to upload these documents when you complete the online form.

Please note: our system will 'time out' after 10 minutes for each form page, so you may need to gather these documents before starting this form. Read more about uploading supporting documents.

Apply for help with transport to school or college

We identify children who qualify for travel on our dedicated school buses at the time of allocation of a school place through the admissions process and so parents only need to complete the York Pullman contact details form and send a photograph directly to them. Read more about our dedicated school buses.

Definition of 'low income'

By 'low income' we mean parents/carers:

*This means that there is no reduction in Working Tax Credit due to income as shown on your tax credit notice - TC602.

Also see

Children and Young People Transport Team

Telephone: 01904 551554 (option 1)