How we deal with missed waste collections depends on a number of factors, including the type of waste collection missed.
We deal with missed collections for entire streets or for communal bins differently.
We'll publish details of any known service issues or missed streets on our 'Waste collection updates' page:
Contact us to report missed streets if we haven't already published details about it.
Missed household waste (rubbish) collections
If we haven't collected your household waste, check the following:
- you placed your bin/bags in the correct place by 7.00am on your collection day
- your bin wasn't too heavy
- you put your bin/bags out on the correct day/week
- your bin didn't contain 'chargeable waste', for example: bricks, rubble, plasterboard
- whether our waste collection team left a sticker explaining there was a problem
Contact us to report your missed bin:
- if none of the above points apply
- after 4.00pm on your collection day
- within 1 working day of your normal collection time
Once we've logged your missed bin, we'll return to empty it as soon as possible.
Missed recycling collections
If we've missed a recycling collection:
- we can't return for it unless it's an assisted collection
- you can present any extra recycling at your next scheduled collection
See our guidelines regarding excess and additional recycling.
Missed garden waste collections
We can't return for a missed garden waste collection unless it's:
If we've missed a garden waste collection, keep it until your next scheduled collection.
Note: We won't collect any additional garden waste which doesn't fit into your green bin(s).
Missed streets and communal bins
If we've missed waste collections for a whole street, or for communal bins at a block of flats, this will usually be due to known:
- service issues or
- access issues
We'll always try to revisit at the next opportunity (usually the following day) when an entire street or a communal bin has been missed. Make sure your waste is presented by 7.00am, after the initial missed collection.
You may need to wait until your next scheduled collection date if we're unable to return to collect your waste due to access issues, such as:
- road works
- badly parked vehicles
In this case, make sure your waste is not left at the kerbside - take it back in until your next collection date.
Excessive waste build up
Contact us to report an excessive build up of waste due to a missed collection or access issues for a communal bin.
Please use alternative ways of disposing of your waste or recycling until the issue is resolved, if possible.
Household waste recycling centres
Dispose of any excess waste, or waste resulting from a missed collection, at either of our household waste recycling centres (HWRCs):