We offer a fridge and freezer collection service from households only:
- we charge £26 per item
- you can only book collections by telephone; please contact us to arrange this and make a payment
- make sure you book a collection day appropriate to the ward you live in - see below for collection days
You must leave items for collection in a suitable place outside where we can easily access them for example, on a driveway or in a garden, but not on a public path, highway or verge.
You don't need to be present for us to collect your items.
Fridge and freezer collection days
You should allow a minimum of 5 working days' notice when booking a collection. If you call the day before the scheduled collection date for your area, we can't guarantee that there will be available resource to deal with your request.
Reusing or recycling household items
There are a number of ways you can reuse or recycle your household items:
- York Freecycle - this group is open to all residents of York who want to offer an item for free rather than throw it away
- British Heart Foundation - collects furniture and electrical items for free
- York Community Furniture Store - collects furniture and electrical items; they supply furniture and electrical goods to York households, offering discounts for people with proof of low-income