Temporary suspension of bulky collection service
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, and to protect staffing levels for waste services, we are not currently providing the bulky collection service. This includes fridge and freezer collection.
We offer a fridge and freezer collection service from households only:
- we charge £13 per item
- contact us by telephone to arrange this and make a payment
- book a collection day appropriate to the ward you live in - see below for collection days
Leave items for collection in a suitable place outside where we can easily access them, for example:
- on a driveway
- in a garden
Don't leave your items on a public path, highway or verge.
You don't need to be present for us to collect your items.
Fridge and freezer collection days
We collect fridges and freezers according to the ward you live in on:
Collection days are the same as for other bulky waste collections.
Allow a minimum of 5 working days' notice when booking a collection.
If you call the day before the scheduled collection date for your area, we can't guarantee that we'll have available capacity to deal with your request.
Reusing or recycling household items
You can donate your household items to the following organisations instead of throwing them away:
- York Freecycle - offer items for free rather than throwing them away
- British Heart Foundation - collect furniture and electrical items free of charge
- York Community Furniture Store - collect furniture and electrical items free of charge - they supply furniture and electrical goods to local households, offering discounts for people with proof of low-income