We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens panel
We're currently updating 'Talkabout', our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways people can influence what happens in York, by giving their feedback and views. For more information and to apply, see our Talkabout panel page.
The new Local Plan Publication draft
We're developing a new Local Plan, in line with the publication of the National Planning Policy Framework (2012); it will provide a development framework, set strategic priorities and form the basis for planning decisions for the whole city.
Take part in the consultation on the Local Plan Publication draft - all of the comments you make will go to the government and planning inspector, who will consider 2 questions about the plan:
- whether the plan is within the law
- whether it can be considered ‘sound’
For more information see 'York's Local Plan: making your comments to government'.
Once 'adopted' the new Local Plan will determine how the city develops over the next 15 years and beyond, so your views are very important.
Consultation closes at midnight on Wednesday 4 April 2018
Housing services online
We’re improving online access to our Housing services and we would like you to tell us which other Housing services you would like to access in this way. We know that more and more of our tenants are getting online which gives us a fantastic opportunity to offer you an improved 24/7 service using the latest technologies.
Please join our Housing services consultation and send us your feedback about accessing services such as, viewing your rent account, bidding for or transferring to another home, or booking home repairs online.
You’ll be helping us ensure you get the efficient and effective service you need, and for us to get best value for you too.
Consultation closes at midnight on Wednesday 28 February 2018
Oakhaven 'extra care' development
There is a need to address the housing needs of elderly people in York. We are taking positive action by making potential development sites available for new 'extra care' housing. 'Extra care' housing supports elderly people to live independently and safely with easy access to social activities in the knowledge that care is at hand when they need it.
In March 2017, Ashley House was appointed to deliver and operate an 'extra care' development on the site of the Oakhaven Older Persons' Home on Acomb Road. The proposed 'state of the art' development will provide 56 apartments for older people, and will include a lounge and dining room serving hot meals.
Neighbours are invited to a ‘pop-in’ event at York Medical Group, 199 Acomb Road, York, YO2 4HD on Thursday 1 March between 4.00pm and 7.00pm. You will be able to meet the team to see and discuss the proposals and give feedback. The feedback we receive will help shape our final plans prior to submitting our formal planning application.
Consultation closes at midnight on Thursday 8 March 2018
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Libraries Consultation (closed 14 February 2018). We asked for your views about York's libraries and our vision for library services. As we are due to enter
into a new contract, we needed your help to set out what we want from our library servives.
- York Outer Ring Road (closed 2 February 2018). We asked for your comments on proposals to reduce congestion on York’s Outer Ring Road. We will review all submitted comments before the decision on the final road layout is made at the Executive Member for Transport and Planning Decision Session due to take place in March 2018.
- Askham Bar Community Sports Pitches (closed 24 January 2018). We asked for your feedback on the Askham site draft proposal seeking permission to use the land opposite Askham Bar to provide community sports pitches for use by Bishopthorpe White Rose Football Club.
- Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2018 to 2021 (closed 5 January 2018). We asked for your feedback and comments on the draft 2018-2021 Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) for York. A final draft PNA will be discussed by our Health and Wellbeing Board in March 2018. Subject to approval, the completed PNA will then be published on the York Health and Wellbeing website.
- My Castle Gateway (closed 22 December 2017). My Castle Gateway, which is a partnership between City of York Council and My Future York, consulted on the redevelopment of the Castle Gateway area in York city centre.
Other ways to have your say
Get involved with local democracy: