We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways people can influence what happens in York, by giving us their feedback and views.
We're working hard to support communities in York, ensuring residents are getting the benefits and financial support they’re entitled to. As part of this, we're operating in partnership with local residents to grow a number of community hubs across the city.
To find out how residents are benefitting and what we can do to help even more, we are asking you to take part in a short survey.
Through this, we want to:
- find out how well known the project is
- gather information on the impact of the project
- learn how we can improve our work
The information you submit will be used as part of a report. Find out more about 4CommunityGrowthYork.
Everyone is invited to participate in the 4CommunityGrowthYork Participant Survey, but we are particularly interested in responses from residents in:
You can find out which ward you live in by using the ward map on our wards in York page, which can be searched by postcode or street name.
If you have any questions about 4CommunityGrowthYork or the above survey, please contact email@example.com or telephone: 01904 553015.
Consultation closes at midnight on Sunday 19 August 2018
York Suicide Safer Community Strategy
Suicide is a serious social and public health issue. Every year too many York residents take their own life and many more people are deeply affected by the loss of a loved one, friend or colleague through suicide.
We have been working to reduce suicide and the harm and negative impact associated with suicide experienced by those who live, work in and are connected to York.
We are pleased to present the Draft Suicide Safer Community Strategy for York, through which we aim to achieve the Health and Wellbeing Board’s ambition to make the city a Suicide Safer Community. The local Health and Wellbeing Board has approved our draft strategy for public consultation in order to seek your views about its content and our ambitions to help reduce suicide in the city.
We would like you to provide feedback on our draft Suicide Safer Community strategy. We aim to take into consideration all comments and feedback we receive and to build these into a final version of our strategy.
We plan to introduce our strategy at our forthcoming Suicide Prevention Conference on 20 September 2018.
Consultation closes at midnight on Wednesday 22 August 2018
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Statement of Licensing Policy (closed 12 August 2018). We asked for comments on the content of our draft Statement of Licensing Policy.
- Our City (closed 10 August 2018). We asked for your views on Our City, our free magazine, to help us shape future editions.
- Burnholme Health and Wellbeing Campus (closed 22 July 2018). We are proposing to create a new Health and Wellbeing Campus at the former Burnholme Community College site. Local residents were invited to attend a 'Have your say' event to view and discuss the proposals with the team.
- Clean Air Zone Proposal (closed 3 August 2018). We asked for feedback about proposals to introduce a new Clean Air Zone (CAZ) to York for the area within and including the inner ring road. Responses will be considered and a further report will be presented to a meeting of the Council’s Executive later in 2018.
- York Station Front (closed 9 July 2018). The proposals for York Station Front are based on 8 key ideas. We gathered comments which will shape the final masterplan for the area, and inform the individual planning applications which will ultimately decide what the spaces look like and how they'll be used.
Get involved with local democracy: