We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways you can give us your feedback and views, and influence what happens in York.
Haxby and Wigginton Library Proposal
The public consultation on the proposed plans for a new library in Haxby and Wigginton takes place between Monday 19 November to Friday 14 December 2018.
The proposal is to refurbish the Scout Headquarters building on Ethel Ward playing field and co-locate the library with the scouts to create a fabulous modern facility for residents.
To view the proposed plans visit www.exploreyork.org.uk/haxby-explore and complete the feedback process. Residents can also pop along to the mobile library in Haxby and Wigginton or New Earswick library and see the proposed building plans.
A drop in consultation event will also take place on Thursday 6 December 2018, 3.00-7.00pm at the second Haxby and Wigginton Scout Headquarters, next to Ethel Ward playing field, York Road, Haxby.
Feedback from this consultation will be used to develop the proposal going forward.
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 14 December 2018
Statement of Licensing Policy and Cumulative Impact Assessment
Ahead of the current policy expiring in March 2019, we're seeking your views on our Statement of Licensing Policy which has been updated to include relevant changes in legislation. We're also asking you to comment on a Cumulative Impact Assessment, which identifies an area of the city centre where the number and concentration of licensed premises adversely affects residents, visitors and other businesses, and therefore the promotion of our licensing objectives.
The results of the consultation will be considered by the Gambling, Licensing and Regulatory Committee before being approved by Full Council in March 2019.
To get involved, email: email@example.com or send your comments by post to: Licensing Services, City of York Council, Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 28 December 2018
Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority, which consists of Bradford, Calderdale, Leeds, Kirklees, Wakefield and York, recognises that the role of Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers is a professional one. Hackney Carriages and Private Hire Drivers transport our most vulnerable people and are often the first point of contact for visitors to each authority.
Our overriding requirement when carrying out this function is the protection of the public and others who use (or can be affected by) Hackney Carriage and Private Hire services. In support of these principles, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield and York are carrying out a consultation exercise on two new proposed policies which relate to the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire trades:
- Determining the Suitability of Applicants and Licensees as Drivers in Taxi and Private Hire Licensing Policy (Convictions Policy)
- Driver Training Policy
City of York Council is also consulting on a proposed amendment to the policy relating to licensed Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles.
Each consulting authority would welcome your views, therefore there are a number of questions that you are asked to consider with regards to each of these proposed policies. Only responses relating to these policy areas will be taken into consideration.
Responses should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to: Licensing Services, City of York Council, Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 18 January 2019
Recent consultations (now closed)
- School Admission Arrangements (closed 7 December 2018). An annual admission arrangements consultation. All admission authorities will determine their admission arrangements by 28 February 2019
- Budget Consultation (closed 30 November 2018). We asked for feedback on what the 2019/20 budget should look like. Results will be published on York Open Data.
- Feedback on the Bootham Park Site (closed 1 November 2018). A consultation seeking feedback and ideas on the redevelopment of Bootham Park.
- Fossgate Improvements (closed 21 October 2018). We asked for feedback and ideas on how to invest in Fossgate Improvements.
- The Future of Hob Moor Multi-Use Games Area and investment in social space (closed 13 September 2018). A consultation seeking residents social space ideas for the multi-use games area off Hob Moor Oaks School following the renovation of Lincoln Court