We’ll publish details of current consultations on this page as soon as they are available, those which have recently closed are listed at the bottom. To find out more about the types of consultation and research we undertake such as annual surveys and statutory research please visit our consultation and research activities webpage.
Any published results will be available as depersonalised raw survey data or findings reports on our Open Data Platform. Details of other ways to access anonymised results may also be included in the recently closed consultations section.
See details of current and recent consultations:
Age Friendly York
We want older residents to help shape where they live by working with local groups, businesses and the council to identify and make changes to their physical and social environments.
Age Friendly York will:
- enable people to live healthy and active lives
- encourage communities to treat people with respect, regardless of their age
We will ensure decisions are resident focused by:
- providing the opportunity to feedback at any point, through all aspects covered by Age Friendly York - there is no wrong time to have a view
- to ensure you have access to what the key findings are from the consultations and how these directly inform the action plan
- to ensure information is available about what has been achieved so far
We welcome your comments if:
- you live in York and are an older person or have an interest in ensuring the best experience for people growing old in York
- you work for an organisation that meets the interest of older people in York
- you are part of a volunteer group that engages with older people
- you are a carer or have a neighbour or relative that is an older person in York
We therefore have a range of options for you to share your Age Friendly views and experiences. You can:
- provide your comments by completing Age Friendly York - Your Voice/Your Experience
- provide your comments by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- use Twitter and tag us using @AgeFriendlyYork
- give Carl Wain a ring for a chat via telephone: 01904 554595
- post your comments in our Suggestion Box at St Sampson’s Centre, Church Street, York, YO1 8BE
- attend an Age Friendly meetings or happy to chat café; for more information please contact us by email: email@example.com or telephone: 01904 554595
For more information see: Age Friendly York.
Recently closed consultations
- Blue Badge access consultation - closed Monday 18 September 2023: we wanted to discuss the process of restoring access to York city centre for Blue Badge holders
- Copmanthorpe Crossing consultation - closed Sunday 10 September 2023: Public footpath Copmanthorpe 2 currently crosses the East Coast Mainline via a level crossing with warning lights. Network Rail wish to replace this crossing with a stepped footbridge on Yorkfield Lane, Copmanthorpe. This survey looked at the effects that change may have on current and potential users of the public footpath
- Air quality campaign consultation - closed Sunday 3 September 2023: We’re on a mission to make the air cleaner in York, and we’re doing this by listening to residents to find out what you know and what you don’t know
- Moving Traffic Enforcement consultation - closed Friday 25 August 2023: The council receives regular complaints around motor vehicle drivers ignoring the one-way restriction through Micklegate Bar, creating a risk to cyclists and other motor vehicle drivers who are trying to legitimately pass through the Bar in the correct direction. As such we selected the restriction through Micklegate Bar as a pilot scheme to submit to the DfT
- Carer Breaks Consultation - closed Wednesday 9 August 2023: We would like to make some improvements to support carers in York and we asked for your thoughts and feedback to help us with this
- Family Hub Coproduction Survey - closed Monday 7 August 2023: We're working with organisations in York with the aim to better connect and optimise services for parents, carers, children, young people, and families, through the Family Hubs service; we wanted you to let us know about your experiences of using services for parents, carers, children, and young people
- Local Plan Proposed Main Modifications Consultation - closed Monday 27 March 2023: We've asked the Local Plan Inspectors to recommend a number of changes to the submitted plan in order to make the plan sound, known as Main Modifications, and we invited comments on these proposed Main Modifications
Business Intelligence Hub
Customer and Corporate Services
Sign language interpreting service
If you use British Sign Language (BSL) you can access our BSL interpreting service when visiting West Offices, and when contacting us remotely.