We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens panel
We're currently updating 'Talkabout', our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways people can influence what happens in York, by giving their feedback and views. For more information and to apply, see our Talkabout panel page.
York Outer Ring Road – Monks Cross roundabout improvements
We've allocated up to £38m for improvements to reduce congestion on the A1237, using funds from the West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund. The proposal is to upgrade seven roundabouts on the outer ring road, between the Wetherby Road and Monks Cross junctions, over the next four years.
We’re sharing the proposals for the Monks Cross roundabout improvements, which would take place in early 2019, and asking for your views.
Plans can also be viewed at our Customer Centre, or at two special public exhibitions at Monks Cross Shopping Centre management suite (in the corner by New Look) between 1.00pm and 6.00pm on Tuesday 8 May and Tuesday 22 May.
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 1 June 2018
York Crematorium permit application
Public Protection are currently considering an application to vary the environmental permit for York Crematorium. The purpose of the application is to vary some conditions to allow the operation of cremators unabated, if necessary, whilst maintenance takes place.
Please email comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultation closes at midnight on Monday 4 June 2018
Statement of Licensing Policy
It is a legal requirement of the Gambling Act 2005 that licensing authorities publish a Statement of Licensing Policy at least every three years. We are therefore consulting on the content of our draft Licensing Policy Statement prior to publication.
Comments on our draft policy should be sent to email@example.com or by post to:
City of York Council
The consultation closes at midnight on Sunday 12 August 2018
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Housing Allocations Policy (closed 30 April 2018). We asked for feedback on proposed changes to our Housing Allocations Policy.
- Proposed development on Windsor Garth (closed 22 April 2018). We sought comments and feedback on plans for proposed improvements to Lincoln Court and a new centre of excellence at Windsor House.
- The new Local Plan Publication draft (closed 4 April 2018). We asked for comments to go to the government and planning inspector, who will consider whether the new Local Plan is within the law, and whether it can be considered ‘sound’.
- Oakhaven 'extra care' development (closed 8 March 2018). We asked for feedback about an 'extra care' development on the site of the Oakhaven Older Persons' Home on Acomb Road. The feedback we received will help shape our final plans prior to submitting our formal planning application.
- Housing Services Online (closed 28 February 2018). We’re improving online access to our Housing services and asked for feedback about accessing services such as, viewing your rent account, bidding for or transferring to another home, or booking home repairs online.
Get involved with local democracy: