We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways you can give us your feedback and views, and influence what happens in York.
York Outer Ring Roads improvements
We’re consulting on proposed upgrades to two more York Outer Ring Road roundabouts - at Wigginton Road and Clifton Moor – as part of the £38m for improvements to reduce congestion, using funds from the West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund.
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 22 March 2019.
Bishopthorpe Road Parking Consultation
In response to a petition submitted to the City of York Council’s Executive Member for Transport concerning Bishopthorpe Road crossing points, the Council’s Transport Team is undertaking a detailed review of the crossing point at the junction of Bishopthorpe Road and Campleshon Road. Four options have been developed to improve visibility for pedestrians using the crossing point. These are outlined in our Bishopthorpe Road Parking Consultation document along with further information on the consultation.
If you would like to make any comments, positive or negative regarding these proposals, please submit them by email to email@example.com or in writing to:
Economy and Place Directorate
City of York Council
Consultation closes at midnight on Monday 25 February 2019
Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Plan
We're consulting on an application for the Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Forum to be designated as the neighbourhood forum for an area to be known as 'Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Area'.
To take part in the Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Plan consultation, send us your comments on the proposed forum and intended boundary. Please submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Neighbourhood Planning, City and Environmental Services
City of York Council
Consultation closes at midnight on Wednesday 27 February 2019
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy (closed 18 January 2019). We asked for feedback on 2 proposed policies relating to the West Yorkshire Combined Authority Hackney Carriage and Private Hire trades along with an amendment to the York policy relating to Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles.
- Statement of Licensing Policy and Cumulative Impact Assessment (closed 28 December 2018). A consultation seeking feedback on licensing and impact ahead of a policy update in March 2019.
- Haxby and Wigginton Library Proposal (closed 14 December 2018). We asked for feedback on our proposal to refurbish the Scout Headquarters building on Ethel Ward playing field and co-locate the library with the Scouts to create a modern facility for residents.
- School Admission Arrangements (closed 7 December 2018). An annual admission arrangements consultation. All admission authorities will determine their admission arrangements by 28 February 2019.
- Budget Consultation (closed 30 November 2018). We asked for feedback on what the 2019/20 budget should look like. Results will be published on York Open Data.