York Open Data was launched in March 2015. It offers residents and businesses free access to a wealth of information about their city, to help to build new products, understanding and solutions to all kinds of challenges such as those around sustainability, transport, energy and community engagement.
Local Government Transparency Code related data is stored in the platform, such as:
- members' allowances and members' travel
- all payments to suppliers
- senior officers' expenses and salary data
- grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- local authority land
- chief officer's remuneration
- parking report
- pay policy
- social housing asset value
- trade union facility time
Other data you may freely use from our website under the terms of the Open Government Licence is:
- freedom of information details - a list of Freedom of Information requests we've received and the outcomes or responses
- Officer Declaration of Interests policy - revised interim changes to the policy. View the Chief Officer Declaration of Interests
Open data sets and formats
The datasets are presented in different formats, such as:
- geospatial formats - that can be previewed on a map
- table-like formats - csv and xls/Excel files that allow data to be filtered and analysed
Most datasets are shared under the Open Government Licence which entitles you to make use of data freely.
There is a York Open Data User Guide available to help you use the platform and the data it hosts.
York Open Service Directory
York Open Service Directory is a database of hundreds of groups, activities, services, venues, childcare provision and more. All the information is maintained at a central hub called York Family Information Service. The information is then available to use freely by partners on their own websites, apps or events.
York Family Information Services Childcare and Services
York Family Information Service’s Childcare and Services search directory is a database of hundreds of groups, activities, services, childcare provision and more. All the information is maintained by York Family Information Service.
To search for activities, services, parent support and things to do for children, young people and families visit the York Family Information Services Childcare and Services search directory.
Get involved with York Open Data
York Open Data is a core element to a number of wider projects such as the Digital Creativity Labs Episode Project, and the UK Research and Innovation funded York City Environment Observatory.
Get in touch with our Business Intelligence Hub if you're interested in being involved with York Open Data.
Business Intelligence Hub
Customer and Corporate Services