We want older residents to help shape where they live by working with local groups, businesses and ourselves to identify and make changes to their physical and social environments.
Age Friendly York will:
- enable people to live healthy and active lives
- encourage communities to treat people with respect, regardless of their age
We will ensure decisions are resident focused by:
- providing the opportunity to feedback at any point, through all aspects covered by Age Friendly York there is no wrong time to have a view
- to ensure you have access to what the key findings are from the consultations and how these directly inform the action plan
- to ensure information is available about what has been achieved so far
The Network includes a range of cities and communities:
- 50 in the UK
- Over 1,300 across the world
Making York 'Age friendly'
We're working towards 'Age friendly' status, using World Health Organisation 'Age friendly statements' to check how we're currently performing against what we want to achieve.
We're focusing on certain aspects of living in York as an older person, including:
- getting out and about
- your time
- your access to information
- your service
- your home
If you would like to be involved in making York more age friendly then please contact Carl Wain:
- email - AgeFriendlyYork@York.gov.uk
- telephone - 01904 554595