Business parking permit terms and conditions
- The business must pay business rates directly to the council for a business within a ResPark zone, have no off street parking at the property (this includes space that is being used for purposes other than parking), and no one residing at the business premises.
- Only 1 business permit is allowed per property.
- The permit is for your business use only, and does not entitle you to obtain visitor parking permits.
- The permit may only be used in the same zone as that for which it is issued. The zone number is shown as the current permit location on your digital permit. Please check that the “R” number on the sign in the part of the street where you park, corresponds with the current permit location on your digital permit.
- Please be aware that bays displaying ‘GM’ after the zone number are reserved for house in multiple occupancy and guest house permits only. These bays are not valid for any other permit.
- You may use your permit on any ‘motor car’ with an unladen weight of less than 3050kg, but your permit is not valid on ‘commercial vehicles’ with an unladen weight of more than 1525kg. If you are unsure, whether your vehicle is classed as a ‘motor car’ or a ‘commercial vehicle’ and whether it satisfies the unladen weight requirements please check your vehicle registration document and/or vehicle manufacturer’s plate.
- If your vehicle is stolen, then a replacement permit will be issued on production of a crime reference number from the police to confirm the theft of your vehicle. If your vehicle is written off then a replacement permit will be issued on receipt of confirmation of the write-off from the police or the DVLA.
- City of York Council reserves the right to withdraw any permit found to have been improperly issued or used. If your permit is withdrawn or you are refused a permit, you have a right to appeal.
- A permit may be surrendered at any time by notifying Parking Services via your Permit Portal account. A refund will be given to the value of any unexpired months of the permit.
- The Resident Parking Scheme does not guarantee that a space will be available for you to park. The scheme merely provides permit holders with priority to park over non-permit holders in parking bays within a scheme’s area during the operative hours of those bays. If you are unable to find a parking space within your zone you must not park on yellow lines, your permit is not valid on yellow lines or in pay and display areas.
- Please be aware that you are not able to park in a Residents Parking Zone until you have received confirmation that your permit has been approved and you have been issued with a permit number. A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) will be issued to any vehicles parked without a valid permit. A permit application is not a permit and does not provide you with any exemptions from the parking regulations in place. A permit application will not be considered as a mitigating factor in any appeals received against the issue of a PCN.
- This is a formal contract and sets out the rules and obligations that you must follow in order to use the permit. You will need to read all the terms and conditions before accepting the agreement. A penalty charge notice may be issued and/or the permit withdrawn if any of the terms and conditions are not complied with.
- The permit is only for your use.
- The permit will no longer be valid if you no longer work at the address to which the permit has been issued.
- The permit may be withdrawn if you misuse it.
- You must not sell or transfer the permit.
- It is an offence for a person knowingly to make a false statement for the purpose of obtaining a parking permit. The council will not hesitate to prosecute, and a conviction will result in substantial penalties. The council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA