A community parking permit is designed to assist organisations whose staff need to be able to park in a residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) zone so they can 'serve the physical or spiritual needs' of residents.
Apply for a community parking permit
Parking permits must be paid for before you complete the relevant application form; check how much you need to pay for your permit.
You’ll be given a receipt number (starting ‘ZZ’) which you must include on your community parking permit application form, to avoid a delay in receiving your permit.
Email your completed application form, together with any required evidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:FREEPOST RTEG-TYYU-KLTZ
City of York Council
Using your community parking permit
Community parking permits allow you to park in all ResPark zones and can be issued on an annual or daily basis.
Map of all ResPark zones
You can zoom in on the map to view the locations of residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) zones in York.
Click on individual zones to see more details.
Use the map search bar to search by postcode or street name to see if a property falls within a ResPark zone.
Annual community parking permit costs
There are 2 different rates available for the annual community parking permit, depending on the level of emissions that the vehicle produces and the size of the vehicle.
Discounted annual rate
You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:
- short car parking discounts are available if your car is shorter than 2.7 metres in length
- low emission parking discounts are available for electric/LPG powered cars and cars with emissions up to 120g/km2 (vehicle tax bands A-C)
Find vehicle tax information on a new or used car online from the Vehicle Certification Agency.
Standard annual rate
You'll be charged the standard rate on annual permits for any vehicles which do not qualify for the discounted rate.
Daily permit rates
Daily community parking permits are issued in books of 20.
There are 2 different rates available for daily community parking permit books, depending on whether you represent a charity.
Changes to your vehicle details
If you're receiving a short car or low emission discount then your permit will be vehicle-specific.
This means that any change to your vehicle details will require a replacement permit, regardless of whether the new vehicle is also eligible for a discount.
You'll need to:
- return your permit before a replacement can be issued
- include a letter explaining why you're returning your permit
- provide the new vehicle details
- include the vehicle registration document relating to the new vehicle (if the new vehicle is eligible for a discount)
- make a top-up payment for the remaining period of cover (if the new vehicle is not eligible for a discount)
- include a covering letter from the lease company or your employer confirming that you are allowed to use the vehicle (if the new vehicle is a lease/company vehicle)
The replacement will be issued with the same expiry date as the previous permit. Please allow 10 working days for receipt.
Until you receive your replacement permit, you'll be unable to park your new vehicle within the ResPark zone.
If you come in to our Customer Centre a new one can be issued to you then and there so you won't have to wait for a replacement.
If you want to update your permit in person, please ensure that you bring:
- your old permit
- any required documents
- a method of payment (if applicable)
Cancelling your community parking permit
You can cancel your parking permit at any time, and you'll be issued with a pro-rata refund for any time remaining on the permit.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA