Community parking permit terms and conditions
- The account holder of a Community Authorisation Permit are allowed to buy Daily Community Parking Permits.
- Daily Community Parking Permits are only valid when attending to resident’s needs whilst visiting their homes on official duty. It is not valid when the vehicle is being used to transport a resident for medical appointments, shopping trips etc or for the use of paying guests or people visiting.
- The permit allows you to park in any residents’ parking bays with the exception of the bays in North Street, Wigginton Road, Feversham Crescent and Fountayne Street.
- The permits are only valid in resident parking bays and are not valid in council car parks or on-street pay and display bays or on yellow lines.
- Any misuse of your permit may lead to prosecution.
- Daily permits are only valid when they are used by persons who are visiting the resident’s property at the time when the permit is activated. They are not valid if used by someone who is not visiting a resident’s property but is merely using the street as a parking place. A Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) may check if the visitor is at the property indicated.
- Each household may have 1 Community Authorisation permit.
- Refunds for unused permits will not be provided.
- Discounted prices are available for Community Daily Permits for registered charities.
- City of York Council reserves the right to withdraw any permit found to have been improperly issued or used. If your permit is withdrawn or you are refused a permit, you have a right to appeal.
- A permit may be surrendered at any time by notifying Parking Services via your Permit Portal account. A refund will be given to the value of any unexpired months of the permit.
- Please be aware that you are not able to purchase daily community permits until you have received confirmation that your permit has been approved and you have been issued with a permit number. A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) will be issued to any vehicles parked without a valid permit. A permit application is not a permit and does not provide you with any exemptions from the parking regulations in place. A permit application will not be considered as a mitigating factor in any appeals received against the issue of a PCN.
- This is a formal contract and sets out the rules and obligations that you must follow in order to use the permit. You will need to read all the terms and conditions before accepting the agreement. A penalty charge notice may be issued and/or the permit withdrawn if any of the terms and conditions are not complied with.
- The permit is only for your use.
- The permit will no longer be valid if you are no longer required to visit the property for which the permit has been issued.
- The permit may be withdrawn if you misuse it.
- You must not sell or transfer the permit.
- It is an offence for a person knowingly to make a false statement for the purpose of obtaining a parking permit. The council will not hesitate to prosecute, and a conviction will result in substantial penalties. The council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA