On-street parking is restricted in residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) zones; you and any visitors will need a valid permit.
Visitor parking permits are available to buy, whether or not your household owns a vehicle. Each household with the relevant parking permit, authorisation card or HMO authorisation permit is entitled to an annual allocation of 200 daily visitor permits.
To purchase household visitor permits, the resident within the zone needs one of the following:
- a household parking permit
- a paper authorisation card (issued before September 2021)
- a digital proof of residency permit (issued after September 2021)
Using an authorisation card or proof of residency permit
From September 2021 we're moving towards digital parking permits; paper authorisation cards will be phased out as they expire, and replaced with digital 'proof of residency' permits.
If you have a valid paper authorisation card, issued prior to September 2021:
- you can still use it to purchase visitor parking permits until it expires
- you don't need a separate digital proof of residency permit
- you can register to use our digital Permit Portal after your paper authorisation card expires
Alternatively, find out about applying for visitor parking permits using a digital proof of residency permit.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA