On-street parking is restricted in residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) zones; you and any visitors will need a valid permit.
Visitor parking permits are available to buy, whether or not your household owns a vehicle. Each household with the relevant parking permit, proof of residency permit is entitled to an annual allocation of 200 daily visitor permits.
To purchase household visitor permits, the resident within the zone needs one of the following:
- a household parking permit
- a digital proof of residency permit (issued after September 2021)
The type of digital proof of residency permit you need depends on your circumstances. You must select the appropriate permit type when making your purchase:
- Proof of Residency Permit (Income Support)
- Proof of Residency Permit (Universal Credit)
- Proof of Residency Permit (Pensioner)
- Proof of Residency Permit (Disabled)
Please note: The Proof of Residency Permit (Independent) is for standard priced visitor permits only and should only be purchased if you are not eligible for any discounts, and you do not intend to buy a household permit.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA