- pay business rates directly to the council for a business within a respark zone
- have no off street parking at the property (this includes space that is being used for purposes other than parking)
- not be living at the business (if you do live at the premises, you may be entitled to a household permit)
The permit can be used by any member of staff or visitor who has to use their vehicle for business purposes. Only one permit per property, and no 'visitor permits' are allowed.
Return the form, with evidence of eligibility and the correct payment to: FREEPOST RTEG-TYYU-KLTZ
City of York Council, Parking Services, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA
The initial cost of your permit depends on the type of vehicle and how long you want the permit for: 3, 6, 9 or 12 months.
- 12 months (full charge) £400
- 9 months £300.00
- 6 months £200.00
- 3 months £100.00
You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:
- short car parking discounts are available if your car is shorter than 2.7 metres in length
- low emission parking discounts are available for electric/LPG powered cars and cars with emissions up to 120g/km2 (vehicle tax bands A-C)
You can find vehicle tax information on a new or used car online from the Vehicle Certification Agency.
The discounted rates are:
- 12 months £200.00
- 3 months £50.00
Due to a lack of parking spaces business permits are not allowed in zones R02, R11, R14, R15SC, R17, R19SC, R22, R37, R38, R39, R42, R45 and R53SC.