On-street parking is restricted in residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) zones; you and any visitors will need a valid permit.
Visitor parking permits are available to buy whether your household owns a vehicle or not. Each household with the relevant parking permit, authorisation card or HMO authorisation permit is entitled to an annual allocation of 200 daily visitor permits.
To purchase visitor parking permits, the resident in the house in multiple occupancy (HMO) within the zone needs one of the following:
- a house in multiple occupancy parking permit
- a paper authorisation card (issued before September 2021)
- a digital HMO authorisation permit (issued after September 2021)
Using an authorisation card or HMO authorisation permit
From September 2021 we're moving towards digital parking permits; paper authorisation cards and parking permits will be phased out as they expire, and replaced with digital HMO authorisation permits.
If you have a valid paper authorisation card, issued prior to September 2021:
- you can still use it to purchase visitor parking permits until it expires
- you don't need a separate digital HMO authorisation permit
- you can register to use our digital Permit Portal after your current permit or authorisation card expires
Alternatively, find out about applying for visitor parking permits using a digital HMO authorisation permit.
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA