Update on garden waste subscriptions
If you've subscribed and paid for additional garden waste to be emptied, and our service was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- we'll honour your subscription if it expired during coronavirus
- you won't need to pay for the remainder of the current season if your renewal is due
- we won't be issuing refunds
Find out more about garden waste collections.
Subscribe for additional garden waste collections
Our garden waste collections will recommence in late March 2021, with fortnightly collections until the start of December 2021.
We are now taking payment. If we’ve already captured your details over the phone without taking payment, we will be back in touch to capture payment in the coming days.
Any households who have an existing garden waste collection and would like to have more than 1 garden waste bin collected between March and December 2021 can subscribe to the additional garden waste subscription scheme before the collection service resumes for the 2021 season.
The service costs £40.00 for each additional bin collected (subject to an annual review). We calculate the cost for each extra bin as follows:
- 1 bin at address: no charge for garden waste collections
- 2 bins at address: £40.00 charge per season for the additional collection
- 3 bins at address: £40.00 charge per season for each additional collection (£80.00 total) and so on
Paying for additional garden waste collections
For 2021 we introduced payment by Direct Debit;
- if you subscribed recently we've sent details of how to set up your Direct Debit
- if you haven't subscribed yet you're currently unable to register for a Direct Debit, but we're reopening the subscription process soon
- you're currently able to call us to make a payment for a new subscription on telephone: 01904 551551
All subscriptions are valid for the duration of the current garden waste season.
As new subscriptions are valid until the end of the current season, you're encouraged to subscribe at the start of the season, to make full use of the service.
Garden bin stickers
We will no longer be issuing bin stickers. Our collection vehicles will be using new in-cab technology to identify properties which have subscribed to the scheme.
You should identify all of your garden waste bins with your house number or house name, particularly if they're put out alongside those of neighbours.
Garden waste collection dates
You can check the dates garden waste will be collected using our online waste calendar.
Please ensure that garden waste is put out by 7.00am on your scheduled collection days, but no earlier than 7.00pm the evening before.
Missed garden waste collections
If your garden waste collection has been missed, check our waste collection updates for details of any known service issues.
See details of how we deal with missed garden waste collections.
If an additional garden waste collection is missed, we can only return to collect waste from bins which are part of the subscription service. For example, if you have 3 garden waste bins at your property, and pay for the second and third bins as part of the subscription service, we'll only revisit for 2 of those 3.
Cancel your additional garden bin subscription
You can cancel a direct debit at any time by contacting your bank. However we do not offer refunds or money back once the payment has been taken and collections have begun.