Council Tax Support (CTS) is a 'means tested' discount off your council tax bill.
You're likely to qualify for Council Tax Support if you're on welfare benefits or a low income, as how much you get is based on your:
- household income
You won't be eligible if you have savings over £16,000, unless you receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
You could receive a maximum discount of:
- 77.5% if you're of working age
- 100% if you're of Pension Credit age
See our Council Tax Support Scheme 2019-20 for more information.
Apply for Council Tax Support
Use our online form to find out:
- how much Council Tax Support you could get if you're the person responsible for paying council tax at home
- how much Housing Benefit you could get if you rent your home
- if you're entitled to Income Support, Pension Credit or Tax Credit
Contact our Benefits Team for assistance if you need help making a claim.
Change of circumstances for Council Tax Support
You must report any change in circumstances which may affect the amount of Council Tax Support you receive.
We'll increase or reduce your Council Tax Support with effect from the day you tell us the changes took place, and send you an amended bill confirming our adjustments.
Extra help with Council Tax
Find out if you're eligible to join our Council Tax Discretionary Reduction Scheme.
Contact us for an appointment to get benefits advice in person at West Offices.