Housing Benefit appeals
If you disagree with our decision about your Housing Benefit entitlement you can:
- ask for a further explanation
- ask us to consider changing our decision
- make your appeal in writing using the Housing Benefit appeal form
- state the specific reason for your appeal
- submit your appeal within a month of our decision date
- provide the necessary evidence with your appeal form
Our Housing Benefit appeal form includes a guide on asking for more details, and how to appeal.
The Independent Tribunals Service will hear your appeal.
If we made our decision more than a month ago and you ask us to look at it again or you appeal, you can make a late request, but it may not be considered.
If you need help to appeal against your decision contact a local advice service for assistance.
Contact us for an appointment to get benefits advice in person at West Offices.