My Account provides inclusive, accessible, always 'on', always open, online services through our website.
- ways to pay, apply, request and report things
- the ability to give feedback
- ways to track your reports and our progress
- access from any web-enabled device (mobile, laptop, tablet or computer)
Help with My Account
To help you register, sign in and use My Account, see:
- Registering for My Account
- My Account verification
- Signing in to My Account
- Signing out of My Account
- Unlocking My Account
- Forgotten My Account password
- Change My Account details
- Using your personal information
- Upgrades to My Account
- Other council portals and accounts
For further support, contact us online via our Feedback eForm.
Registering for My Account
Register for My Account using your email address. Don't use a temporary email address, as My Account doesn't recognise these.
Registering is quick and easy; simply provide some basic details while completing these steps:
- Click 'Register for My Account’
- Read and agree to our privacy notice, and set your communication preferences
- Enter your details and create your password
- Click ‘Register’
- Verify your account from the email we'll send
My Account verification
We'll send a message to the email address you provide when you register for My Account; the message contains a link to verify your email address. Once you've clicked the link to complete this step you can sign in and use My Account.
If you don't receive a verification email when you register for My Account, check your ‘junk' or 'spam' email folders. If the validation email is not in your junk or spam email folder contact, contact us online via our feedback eForm for support.
Signing in to My Account
After you've verified your email address you can sign in and use My Account. You don't need to remember a 'username' just use your email address.
Signing out of My Account
To sign out of my account click the link which says 'Sign out'.
If you’re using a larger screen device (such as a desktop or laptop computer), the sign out link appears next to your name in the bar at the top of the web page, sometimes known as the ‘header’.
Alternatively, if you’re using a smaller screen (such as a table or a mobile phone), the sign out appears in the ‘hamburger menu’ in the top left of the screen.
Unlocking My Account
My Account will be temporarily disabled or 'locked' if you enter the wrong email address and/or password more than 5 times within 15 minutes.
If My Account is disabled, wait 5 minutes and try again. Contact us online via our feedback eForm if you continue to have problems signing in to My Account.
Forgotten My Account password
Click ‘Forgot password’ if you can't remember your password for My Account; we’ll send an email with a secure link to reset your password.
If you don’t receive an email to reset your password, check your ‘junk or 'spam' email folders. If the email is not in your junk or spam folder, click ‘Forgot password?’ again. Contact us online via our feedback eForm for help if you continue to have problems.
Change My Account details
Once you've signed in you can change your details held in My Account including:
- email address
- telephone number
- postal address
Using your personal information
Any personal information you provide will be held securely and will be used in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. When you register, you'll be advised of the terms and conditions for using My Account, which you must confirm reading. Please refer to our privacy notice.
Upgrades to My Account
We’re upgrading My Account to give you more convenient access to more services online. As well as introducing new ways to report problems, we're making improvements so My Account works better for you, including:
- improved eForms for reporting problems with:
- improved maps which help with locating problems
- made it clearer when a problem is outside of our area
- enhanced mobile compatibility, including 'Use My Location’ functionality
- redesigned emails to keep you updated on reported problems
- streamlined processes so we can respond to you more efficiently
- added surveys to gather your feedback on how we dealt with reported problems
- added a webchat service on council tax pages
To give feedback or ask us a question, use our feedback eForm.
Other accounts and portals
For your added security, registering for My Account will not enable access to all of our online services. You need separate sign in details for each of our other portals (for example, your accounts relating to parking, planning, housing, jobs).