'Dropped kerbs' and 'crossovers' help vehicles access properties where an entrance point is adjacent to a pavement.
Apply for a dropped kerb
If you wish to have a new dropped kerb installed at your property, or make improvements to an existing access point, you'll need permission from us and must complete the relevant application:
Return your application to the Streetworks team, along with a plan showing the preferred location of the proposed crossing.
- we'll endeavour to process your application within 28 days
- permission lasts for 12 months
- you must use a contractor approved by us to carry out these works
- we'll provide details of approved contractors on successful application
Do not enclose any payment with your application - if permission is granted, we'll send you an invoice for £143.00 (which is non-refundable).
How we process your application
We require time to process and consider your application before it can be granted.
In this case:
- you can't assume permission will be given
- we'll contact you within 28 days to acknowledge receipt of your application
You can't act as if your application has been granted if we don't respond within expected timeframes.
If you haven't heard from us within 28 days, please contact us to check the status of your application.