To limit disruption, we aim to coordinate roadworks with essential utility works. However, you may experience some delays due to traffic levels or roadworks.
Check our roadworks map before you travel, to stay ahead of potential congestion in York; see if you’re better off leaving the car at home, or using public transport:
- get live updates on Twitter from @York_travel
- check your bus service or Park & Ride information
- see details of planned highways works for the coming year
See details of current temporary traffic restrictions:
- see details of temporary road closures
- see details of temporary parking suspensions
Our map of roadworks shows the location and details of likely delays.
Email updates about roadworks
Use the envelope icon on the map (opens in new window) to get email updates about roadworks and traffic disruptions; first create a free account with one.network, then sign in to select the location, type and frequency of one.network alerts you want to receive.
Find out more about current projects related to our local travel network:
- A59 Corridor Works
- Acomb Front Street improvements
- Challenge Fund National Cycle Network Route 65 improvements
- Marygate Resurfacing Scheme
- Skeldergate Bridge pedestrian crossing works
- Stonegate, Colliergate and Church Street footway repaving
- Tadcaster Road improvements
- 'UFO' (Ultra Fibre Optic) project
- York outer ring road improvements