Nunnery Lane car park
Number of spaces
Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
|Length of stay||Pay and display||RingGo Pay by phone||Discount Badge Holder|
|Up to 1 hour||£2.30||£2.20||£1.70|
|Up to 2 hours||£4.60||£4.40||£3.40|
|Up to 3 hours||£6.90||£6.80||£5.10|
|Up to 4 hours||£9.20||£9.00||£6.80|
|Up to 5 hours||£11.50||£11.20||£8.50|
|Over 5 hours||£13.00||£13.00||£13.00|
|Evening parking||£2.00||£2.00||Free of charge|
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the RingGo pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
- a 20p service charge applies to all mobile payments of £13.00 and over
Evening parking covers:
- All days, 6pm to midnight
Evening parking for York residents' Minster Badge holders covers:
- Sunday to Thursday, 6pm to midnight
- Friday and Saturday, 5pm to midnight
For all customers (including Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8am the following day
- if you have an evening frequent users pass you can park until 8.30am
All day parking
The all day parking charge covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8am the following day.
Blue Badge holders can park in any standard bay in this car park, free of charge, for as long as they want.
There are 11 dedicated disabled bays which are available for Blue Badge holders only.
Disabled badge holders are not permitted to park in the bays marked for car club or the electric charge bays unless they are being used for their intended purpose.
Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone with RingGo in this car park.
- the location number for this car park is 27709
- the location number for York residents' Minster Badge holders is 77091
Please note that the text service is not available to Minster Badge holders.
- Type of Parking System: Pay and Display
- Pay by debit/credit card: Yes (2 machines)
- Pay by phone with RingGo: Yes
- Disabled bays: 11
- Electric vehicle charging points: Yes (for 4 vehicles)
- Height restrictions: 6' 9"
- Toilets: Yes
- CCTV: Yes
- Season ticket: Yes
- Resident contract permit: Yes
- Evening frequent users pass: Yes
- People's Parking accreditation: Yes