This car park currently operates as a ‘pay on foot’ car park as part of an initiative to trial this technology in York.
To use the car park - Take a ticket from the entry barrier and keep it with you (do not leave it in your vehicle). To pay for your parking, go to one of the pay machines when you return at the end of your stay, enter your ticket into the machine and pay the amount requested. Your ticket will be returned to you for insertion into the exit barrier to leave the car park.
Marygate car park
Number of spaces
Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
|Length of stay||Pay and display||Discount Badge Holder|
|Up to 1 hour||£2.30||£1.70|
|Up to 2 hours||£4.60||£3.40|
|Up to 3 hours||£6.90||£5.10|
|Up to 4 hours||£9.20||£6.80|
|Up to 5 hours||£11.50||£8.50|
|Over 5 hours||£13.00||£13.00|
|Evening parking||£2.00||Free of charge|
Evening parking covers:
- All days, 6pm to midnight
Evening parking for York residents' Minster Badge holders covers:
- Sunday to Thursday, 6pm to midnight
- Friday and Saturday, 5pm to midnight
For all customers (including Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6pm and want to stay into the evening you will pay a rate which covers up to 6pm and the evening charge
- if you are charged for an all day ticket, this will automatically include the evening charge
- parking after midnight is free until 8am the following day
- if you have an evening frequent users pass the free parking period is applicable until 8.30am
All day parking
The all day parking charge covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8am the following day.
Free parking for Blue Badge holders is available immediately outside the car park, located between the entry and exit points.
There is no free parking for Blue Badge holders available in this car park. This is due to the installation of a barrier system as part of the Pay on Foot trial.
Park and pay by phone
The Pay by Phone system is no longer being operated in Marygate car park throughout the trial.
- Type of Parking System: Pay on foot
- Pay by debit/credit card: Yes
- Pay by phone: No
- Change given: Yes
- Notes accepted: Yes
- Disabled bays: Not within the car park
- Electric vehicle charging points: No
- Height restrictions: 6' 6"
- Toilets: No
- CCTV: Yes
- Season ticket: Yes
- Resident contract permit: Yes
- Evening frequent users pass: Yes
- People's Parking accreditation: Yes