Zoom in (+) or zoom out (-), or move/drag the map to reveal information; you can also:
- click a 'feature' to get further information
- click >> or << to reveal or hide the map legend
Nunnery Lane car park
- Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8.00am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Length of stay Pay and display Minster Badge holder Up to 1 hour £2.70 £2.00 Up to 2 hours £5.40 £4.00 Up to 3 hours £8.10 £6.00 Up to 4 hours £10.80 £8.00 Up to 5 hours £13.50 £10.00 Over 5 hours £16.00 £16.00 Evening parking - 6.00pm to 8.00am £4.00 £1.00
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 20p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 20p per message
- please note that a 15p service charge applies to all pay by phone payments
- Evening parking
The evening parking charge covers:
- from 6.00pm to midnight every day
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park for £1:
- from 6.00pm to midnight Sunday to Thursday
- from 5.00pm to midnight Friday and Saturday
For all customers (excluding Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
- Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone in this car park.
The location number for this car park is 808753.
- Long stay parking
To park for 2 or more days, pay for parking using the Pay By Phone service.
By using Pay By Phone to pay for parking you:
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked using their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
If you do not pay for additional days in advance, you risk being issued with a penalty change notice if you do not return to your car before 8.00am.
- Anti-idling enforcement
Please note, if your vehicle is parked the engine should be switched off. If you leave your engine running, you may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
Find out more about our anti-idling campaign.
- Accessible parking
There are 12 dedicated disabled bays which are available for Blue Badge holders only. In addition, Blue Badge holders can park in any bay* in this car park, free of charge, for as long as they want.
*Blue Badge holders are not permitted to park in the bays marked for 'car club', nor the electric charging bays, unless they are being used for their intended purpose.
Visit the AccessAble website for venue accessibility information.
- Nearest Changing Place
See details of the route from Nunnery Lane car park to York Train Station Changing Place (distance: 431 metres, time: approximately 6 minutes walk).
- Number of spaces
- Standard: 139
- Disabled: 12
- Electric: 4
- Car Club: 12
- Electric vehicle charging points: Yes (12 fast sockets, 1 rapid charge)
- Car park facilities
- Payment options