Pay on foot trial
This car park currently operates as a ‘pay on foot’ car park as part of an initiative to trial this technology in York.
To use the car park - Take a ticket from the entry barrier and keep it with you (do not leave it in your vehicle). To pay for your parking, go to one of the pay machines when you return at the end of your stay, enter your ticket into the machine and pay the amount requested. Your ticket will be returned to you for insertion into the exit barrier to leave the car park.
Marygate car park
Number of spaces: 350
- Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8.00am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Length of stay Pay and display Discount Badge Holder Up to 1 hour £2.30 £1.70 Up to 2 hours £4.60 £3.40 Up to 3 hours £6.90 £5.10 Up to 4 hours £9.20 £6.80 Up to 5 hours £11.50 £8.50 Over 5 hours £13.00 £13.00 Evening parking £2.00 Free of charge
- Evening parking
The evening parking charge covers:
- All days, 6.00pm to midnight
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park free of charge from 5.00pm to midnight.
For all customers (excluding Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
- Car park facilities
- Payment facilities
- Type of Parking System: Pay on foot
- Pay by cash: Yes
- Pay by debit/credit card: Yes
- Pay by phone with RingGo: No
Please note that change is given and notes can be accepted by the payment machines at this car park.
- Park and pay by phone
The Pay by Phone system is no longer being operated in Marygate car park throughout the trial.
- Long stay parking
You are able to park for multiple, consecutive days at Marygate car park.
When parking for more than 1 day, the number of hours (or part days) and full daily charges will be calculated on exit.
- Accessible parking
Free parking for Blue Badge holders is available immediately outside the car park, located between the entry and exit points.
There is no free parking for Blue Badge holders available in this car park. This is due to the installation of a barrier system as part of the Pay on Foot trial.