You must claim Universal Credit (UC) online.
Get free internet access at:
- Our Customer Centre
- Explore York libraries
- Tang Hall Big Local Community Centre
- Sanderson House Community Hub, Bramham Rd, York YO26 5AR
Universal Credit Support
Contact Citizens Advice York (CAY) for support with Universal Credit claims and payments:
- freephone: 0800 144 8444
- webchat via Citizens Advice York
Managing your Universal Credit payments
You'll need a bank account to receive Universal Credit payments.
See advice about getting a bank account (Citizens Advice) if you don't already have one.
Get help with budgeting and completing your online claim from:
Access further Universal Credit advice and support:
- Before you apply for Universal Credit (Citizens Advice)
- Community First Credit Union
- Money Advice Service
- Understanding Universal Credit (GOV.UK)
- Universal Credit advice (GOV.UK)
- Universal Credit: a how-to guide (Learn My Way)