Local Area Coordinators help you stay safe, well, independent and connected to your local community by:
- helping raise awareness of available resources
- providing links to local services
- supporting people with a wide range of issues
- developing resilience and social inclusion in communities
Support from your Local Area Coordinator
Local Area Coordinators work with individuals and families of all ages and abilities. They take time to get to know you, your family, friends, carers and your community, so they can help you to build a strong support network.
Get support with:
- taking steps to make your life better
- helping you access a wide range of information
- getting the right help from available services
- developing relationships and community networks
- getting your voice heard about things that are important to you
- helping you find volunteering opportunities
Local Area Coordination
Local Area Coordination use a 'place-based approach', which means each coordinator covers a particular area of York.