To limit disruption, we aim to coordinate roadworks with essential utility works. However, you may experience some delays due to traffic levels or roadworks.
Check our roadworks map before you travel, to stay ahead of potential congestion in York; see if you’re better off leaving the car at home, or using public transport:
- get live updates on Twitter from @York_travel
- check your bus service or Park & Ride information
- see details of planned highways works for the coming year
See details of current temporary traffic restrictions:
Our map of roadworks shows the location and details of likely delays.
Email updates about roadworks
Use the envelop icon on the map (opens in new window) to get email updates about roadworks and traffic disruptions; first create a free account with one.network, then sign in to select the location, type and frequency of one.network alerts you want to receive.
Find out more about current projects related to our local travel network:
- Malton Road junction and crossing improvements
- Bootham and Micklegate junction improvements
- Challenge Fund National Cycle Network Route 65 improvements
- Haxby Road near Park Avenue crossing improvements
- Scarcroft Road pedestrian crossing and junction improvements
- Tadcaster Road improvements
- The Groves low traffic neighbourhood trial
- 'UFO' (Ultra Fibre Optic) project
- York outer ring road improvements