Replacement container deliveries
Due to staffing issues, related to coronavirus, delivery of waste containers is currently subject to delay. Please allow an additional 3 to 4 weeks for delivery of your replacement containers. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We can provide:
- recycling boxes for paper/card, plastic, glass, tin cans
- wheelie bins for general rubbish, garden waste
Wheelie bins cannot be not provided to properties where waste collections use refuse sacks/black sacks.
Replacement recycling boxes
Contact our Customer Centre on telephone: 01904 551551 to order new and replacement recycling boxes.
We’ll aim to deliver waste containers within 10 working days of your order.
Free replacement recycling boxes
We've been encouraged by your enthusiasm for recycling waste, so as part of our ongoing commitment to increase the amount of waste we recycle, we'll continue to provide up to 3 free replacement boxes for kerbside recycling collections.
Find out how much recycling we can collect per visit.
Replacement wheeled bins
We’ll aim to deliver your waste containers within 10 working days of your order.
Lost and damaged bins and boxes
If we’ve lost or damaged your wheeled bin or recycling box during collection, we’ll put a postcard through your door explaining how we’ll replace it free of charge.
However, you'll need to order replacement wheeled bins or recycling boxes if they:
- have signs of normal ‘wear and tear’
- have been lost or stolen
- were missing when you moved in
- were not bought from us
If you don't buy waste containers from us
If you don’t want to buy a replacement wheeled bin from us, take your waste to:
Be aware that our waste collection teams:
- cannot collect bags of waste from wheeled bin collection areas
- will only empty wheeled bins that we've supplied
If you don’t wish to use our recycling boxes, put correctly separated waste into your own similar sized containers (approximately 55 litres). However, we strongly recommend using our 'industry standard' boxes due to their durability.
If you choose to use your own recycling boxes, we won't be able to replace them if they get lost or damaged.
When putting out recycling for collection, note that:
- you can put plastic and metal in carrier bags (left open so our team can clearly see the contents)
- glass or cardboard shouldn't be placed in bags
Please don't present any recycling in cardboard boxes, as there is a risk that the box containing the recycling may be blown away. Cardboard containers may also be damaged by rain or damp conditions, leading to them falling apart when collection is attempted. They also take up too much space within our vehicles, making them fuller much quicker.
Find out how to deal with excess and additional recycling.
Cost of waste bins and recycling boxes
Our wheeled bin and recycling box costs:
- standard household rubbish bin (180 litres): £45.00
- standard garden waste bin (180 litres): £45.00
- 240 litre rubbish bin: £50.00 (upgrade criteria applies; see Get a bigger bin)
- 360 litre rubbish bin: £56.00 (upgrade criteria applies; see Get a bigger bin)
- recycling box: free
- recycling box lid: free
- recycling box net: free
We can only accept Visa or MasterCard.
We don't provide black sacks (bin bags).
Get a bigger bin
You can only apply for a bigger bin if the size of your household meets certain criteria:
- 180 litre bin – 1 to 4 people
- 240 litre bin – 5 people
- 360 litre bin – 6 or more people
Contact us if you're unsure about the size of bin you require for your property.