Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website

Report a repair to your council home

It's your responsibility to take good care of your home. We take on most of the responsibility for council house repairs. However, there are certain council house repairs you have to pay for.

Find out how we carry out repairs.

Please report any repairs that are needed as soon as possible; however, our lines are quieter towards the end of the working week so for non-emergencies please ring later in the week.

  • to report a non-emergency repair, call our Housing Repairs phone line, which is open 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, on telephone: 01904 551550 (option 4, option 1)
  • to report an emergency repair outside normal office hours, call our Housing Repairs out-of-hours phone line on telephone: 01904 630405, or 01904 427699

Please note all calls to the out-of-hours service will be recorded for training purposes.

Reporting a repair

When you report a repair please give us:

  • your name
  • your address
  • your contact telephone number
  • as much detail as you can about the problem

You can report a repair:

  • by calling us on one of our phone lines
  • to Housing Officers who visit you at home

Read more about what to do if you're not happy with our repairs.

Also see

Housing Repairs

Telephone: 01904 551550 (option 4, option 1)

In writing to: Hazel Court, James Street, York, YO10 3DS

Housing Repairs - Out of hours emergencies

Telephone: 01904 630405 or 01904 427699